Saturday, August 19, 2017

Tool in the Kit



These pliers are for jewellery/beadwork making.  The two white bits are protective sections so you can squeeze things and not get ridges on the work.  They are really helpful when making wrapped wire things, such as antlers.  To make antlers I wrap wire a short way then fold it in half.  If the wire is fine I can do this with my fingers, but when it is thicker wire I need pliers.  These ones squish the wire without cutting the yarn.  I am on the hunt for a new pair as the protective pads are not smooth anymore.  They are more difficult to find than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...