Friday, December 8, 2017

Happy Anniversary



Today is Piers' and my 33rd Wedding Anniversary.  We originally got together because of knitting.  We were both in the Navy and living at the WRANS quarters, Greenwich House in Toorak here in Melbourne.  I was a cook in the Navy and was working at Greenwich House.  I had a duty weekend coming up and nothing to knit so I asked the residents if someone would like to buy the wool, I would knit them a jumper.  There were two takers, one was 6'6" tall and very broad, and Piers.  I said sorry no to the first and got my knitting patterns out for Piers to look at.  We got to know each other and chatted while I knitted.  The photo is of Piers in his first Joyce Jumper.
My Mother-In-Law tells the story that when she heard the cook was knitting Piers a jumper she said her boyfriend would be very happy about that.  And Piers said there was nothing more than chatting and knitting, nothing for the boyfriend to worry about.  When Piers said I was knitting him a second jumper, she said her boyfriend really wouldn't like that at all, Piers said "I'm her boyfriend now"
Happy Anniversary Piers, love you lots and lots and lots. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...