Friday, September 14, 2018

Casting On and a New Book

  

When I was making the gnome the instructions said to use Cable Cast On for all parts.  I have always cast on the same way my Mum taught me, so I had to look up cable cast on.  Turns out I already could do this type of cast on, just didn't know the name.  I use is when filling the space of a buttonhole or such when the last row had some stitches cast off.  I was at Can Do Books yesterday for the Sit & Stitch and while rummaging in the books found this one.  Love it when I find a book relevant to something I had been working on earlier.  Time to learn some new knitting skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...