Friday, September 28, 2018

School Quilt

  

Yesterday at Can Do Books Stephanie and I were talking about a quilt I helped make in 2010.  I thought I had blogged about it before, but couldn't find it, so here it is.  We were talking about getting someone to do the quilting and whether it was computerised or hand done.  I didn't know so I was trying to find the photo to see, not sure they are close enough to really see the quilting.  I can see a wave pattern at the edge, and I think it is swirls in the middle.
The quilt was made for the Spotswood Primary School's 100th anniversary.  It was raffled off at the reunion and later in the year at the fete.  I went to each class and asked the students to draw two pictures, one of themselves and one of a child 100 years ago.  There are 72 drawings on the quilt that I embroidered in red.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...