Friday, May 7, 2021

Knitted Bead

 








Yesterday was Sit & Stitch at Can Do Books.  Nice afternoon, there were four of us there this week.  I came home with one book Betsy Beads by Betsy Hershberg.  After reading it when I got home I promptly ducked out to Spotlight to get some wooden beads and made one.  I used a self-striping sock yarn by Regia.  Not entirely happy with the colour, but it was the first practice one anyway, my tension needs tweaking.  The bead is 2.5cm/1" and it is knitted in stocking stitch and I have the purl bumps out, not the smooth side.  The last photo is Janette's monster she was working on.  This was on his way home, he looks exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...