Monday, May 10, 2021

Bookends & More

 





Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place.  Found some treasure too.  Mitchell bought me a pair of bookends.  Lovely wooden inlay, not sure of the age.  I also found a two volume dictionary set.  Not that I want a dictionary, I want the nice thin paper is printed on.  Been keeping an eye out since doing the Julie Arkell workshop.  Using the old fine paper books used to printed on makes paper mâché neat and smooth, with a lovely finish.  Also found a box of button tubes, I was very restrained there, only bought 5, a couple of metal lots and the others plastic.  And finally a little glass dome, the size of a tea cup.  With a ceramic dish to sit on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...