Sunday, October 22, 2017

First Quilt



  

I have tidied the craft room and put away all the reindeer making bits and bobs.  I do this after each major project, clear the space, clear the mind.  In doing so I often come across projects in the stash that need working on.  I either finish the project, or work a bit on it and put it back.  In cleaning up I found this, the first quilt I made in the 1980's.  A log cabin quilt, single bed size.  I was never happy with the way I finished the quilt, backing and quilting and always intended to re-do it.  So I have removed the binding, quilting and backing.  It's funny, I thought I was quite the perfectionist and that I have relaxed a bit now, but looking at this quilt, I am more of a perfectionist now.  There are so many mis-matched seams and some of the strips are cut to different widths.  I know I have always been kind on myself when I am learning new things, the first is never going to be the best.
I was surprised to see that I had used an old sheet as some of the backing squares.
I am going to back the quilt in polar fleece instead of batting and fabric, the quilt top is quite thick already, just from how log cabin squares are made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...