Friday, February 2, 2018

Knitted Tug Boat Doorstop



  

  

The tug boat is finished.  My husband asked if I could make a doorstop for a particularly pesky door at work, and since he works for a ship design company, I thought a tug boat is just the thing for the job.  There is a balsa wood base, the coach bolt goes all the way through, so it can be picked up and moved, the weight is all in the cabins filled with sinkers and sand.  There is plastic for the windows, and now it is finished, I should have used a shinier plastic.  I was going to put on more detail, such as rails, but it would become too busy.  Now the tug boat is off to do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...