Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Raffia Basketweaving

 



For the last few years, in attempt to not eat chocolate, I have been getting various other Easter presents like the Bobbin Lace course.  This year I signed up for an online Basketweaving course.  I have looked at basketweaving before and have a couple of books, but never went further because of materials, where to get the sticks and weavers.  This course uses raffia, something that is very easy to get.  My large bundles arrived yesterday.  It was a case of looking at the small 50g bundles at Spotlight and thinking that wouldn't go very far, and then finding 1kg bundles that were relatively quite cheap (and half the price of the store recommended by the course), so I bought two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...