Sunday, June 24, 2018

Dyeing With Lichen

  

This is a bit of a long term project.  I wanted to dye with licken but wasn't sure where I could get some, especially since I live in a city and licken is protected and very important to the environment.  Then I remembered that you can buy lichen in Hearns Hobbies, a model making shop in the city.  Had a look, and yes they had natural lichen, there are also dyed varieties.  So, the lichen is in a mix of ammonia and water and will ferment in this mix for at least three months, getting shaken when I remember.  Different species of lichen produce different colours, so we shall see, will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...