Monday, August 13, 2018

Dyeing with Lavender

  

This jar of lavender was from our very first lavender bush in our very first garden when we were living in Canberra.  Not really sure why I put the flowers in a jar, or why it has come with us all these years, from one home to the next.  So while I was waiting for the printer to do its thing the other day, I was looking at the jar and wondering what colour I would get.  So in an effort to declutter, or just make different clutter, I made a dye pot of lavender flowers.  The cotton ric rac and the piece of linen did not take up much colour at all, bit of a subtle pink.  The yarn on the other hand soaked it all up (wasn't the first thing in the pot either) and is a lovely brown shade.  I used citric acid for the mordant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...