Saturday, February 16, 2019

Dyeing with Plane Tree Bark

  

After the initial dye pot had little colour I threw some things in to see what would happen.  I put in bicarb of soda and salt, a couple of handfuls of each, then boiled the bark again.  And it worked, the colour of the dye pot was quite a rich brown.  I put in yarn, piece of linen and some ric rac.  The ric rac didn't take on much colour, but the rest did, a nice warm brown with a hint of pink.  The yarn wrapped around the microwave tub was a ball I didn't unwind and just put in the pot.  It did come out slightly lighter in the centre than the outside in colour.  I wound it onto the pot to help dry it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...