Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Puppy Pincushion

  

  



This is the pincushion I made for the Pincushion Swap organised by Ellie of @petalplum.  I was matched with Melinda of @adventures_in_textiles and when I went to have a little snoop on her Instagram account and saw she had a sweet little King Charles Cavalier puppy, I had to try and make him.  So this is Harvey.  The main body of the pincushion is linen I dyed in plane tree bark, the embroidered flowers are in thread I dyed in mandarin, red cabbage, walnut and a Vietnamese plant.  Harvey's brown fur is a yarn hand dyed by Fibresmith.  I like pincushions with sand in them, it cleans and sharpens the needles and pins when you push them into the cushion.  It also give the whole thing a bit of weight.  The sand is encased in a box of wool felt, held by a cardboard box for the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...