Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Julie Arkell Workshop



Piers and I are gong on holiday to the UK in October.  I have been lucky enough to get myself into a three day workshop with Julie Arkell.  Julie makes wonderful, whimsical people and animals out of paper mâché and attaches knitting, stitching and other things.  In 2012 we saw an exhibition in Liverpool and  I bought this Long Lost Creature and a tree.  Love the little cow, she is a little wonky and very sweet.  There was something about the exhibition that got to me and inspired me.  When I got home from the holiday I started making my own things, all that stuff I was thinking about and never did, I started doing.  At first it was doorstops and pincushions in the shape of houses, and it all went on from there.  The whimsical, fun exhibition told me It was alright to make whatever I thought of.  So as you would expect, I am very excited to be going to a workshop with Julie at the Ruthin Craft Centre.  Roll on October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...