Monday, December 9, 2019

Tree Topper Apparatus

  



This is my first tree topper I have ever made.  How to attach it to the tree?  I did a bit of research and fount the main two ways are a spike and a coil.  I ended up buying a tree topper that I was happy to remove the decoration.  I snipped off the loop at the top and initially covered the whole thing in a tube of knitting.  When it came to attaching the fairy I removed the spike part and put on a small disc platform.  At first I pinned the fairy to this to see if it would work.  But the coil did the coily/springy thing and the fairy was very unstable.  I made a larger disc platform and secured it further down the coil a bit.  She was still a little unstable, but once on something secure is fine.  I made a cone that fit under the coil for the fairy to stand on while not on the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...