Friday, April 17, 2020

Little Knitted Bag

  

This was going to be a little mitten but I changed my mind and thought it would make a sweet little bag.  I learned two new things making this: Latvian Braid and Kitchener Stitch.  The Latvian Braid is the decorative rows of stitches at the top, very easy to do.  I have looked at how to do Kitchener Stitch before, it is how to close the toe when knitting socks, it leaves a smooth join.  So I closed the bottom of the bag with the stitch.  I made the twisted cord handle but it isn't attached yet.  Not sure who the bag is for so I will wait until I know the length the handle should be.  The little bag measures 6x3cm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...