Monday, August 24, 2020

Knitting on the Edge



 Lately I have been starting, stopping and ripping out new projects.  I am finding this second lockdown more difficult because I can't find a project that keeps my attention.  In the first lockdown Arne & Carlos' Quarantine Knitting blocks did the trick.  I worked on a block first in the day, then when it was finished I would go on and find something else to work on until the next block the next day.  Time when by quite quickly.  So I started something last night that I hope will do the same.  A knitted edge.  The photo shows one repeat of the lace pattern, I will need approximately 40 repeats and 4 corners.  The pattern is from the book A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara G. Walker. The patten is 18 stitches and 22 rows in a repeat.  I will get faster at it, but I don't think I will be able to memorise it, so have to concentrate.  My plan is to work one or two repeats of the pattern each day and then go an work on something else.  I am hoping it will bring a sense of accomplishing something each day, just ask the Quarantine blocks did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...