Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Christmas Balls

 


Arne & Carlos are having a Christmas knit along, an Advent Calendar of Knitted Christmas Baubles.  Starting on December 1st knitting a ball every day.  I made a start on the knitted balls early, didn't know what I was going to make next.  I started knitting with DPN's and found I really like using a circular needle for knitting in the round.  Also my colour work on small items in the round is not very good, the tension is terrible.  So I decided I would just knit each ball and then duplicate stitch the design, which is good, satisfying knitting and stitching work.  When designs are symmetrical, for me they have to be absolutely symmetrical, no one stitch over here and there, it drives me nuts.  I'm more an asymmetrical girl, quite like a bit of random.  But if something is subbed to balanced and alike, it really needs to be.  So I spent some time riffling the pattern and the charts, so all is balanced where it needs to be.  Much happier now.  I am also knitting in 4ply, not 8ply as the pattern suggests.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookends & More

  Had a lovely day yesterday on Mothers Day.  We went for a drive to Geelong for some lunch and a rummage around a 2nd Hand/Antiques place. ...